Eating and drinking forms the basis of our growth, nutritional development and provides the building blocks for learning. However, many children find eating a challenge. Eating difficulties are often complex and multi-factorial and relate to a child’s sensory processing, motor abilities as well as their relationship with food.
At Thrive Therapy Services we pride ourselves on being recognized for our work with children with eating difficulties both in-patient clients and those who are struggling with eating at home.
Some of the clients that we are able to assist with include those who:
- Have difficulty latching or feeding in the newborn period
- Are fussy or picky eaters
- Have difficulty transitioning to new textures or types of foods
- Have feeding difficulties due to complex medical needs
- Are feeding tube dependent
- Have difficulties with weight gain
If you are concerned about your child’s eating abilities and skills please do not hesitate to contact us. As feeding difficulties are complex often requiring a multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide a comprehensive combined occupational and speech therapy assessment when necessary.